I had been looking forward to meeting Natalie Piccotti, vice-president of programming for NJ AMA, in person given our intense exchanges of emails, phone calls and tweets. However, I didn't expect to see Mary Ann Blackburn whom I first met on May 25th, 2010 at Social Media Club North Jersey: Customer Feedback In a Social World. And, I didn't expect to meet so many interesting marketers who brought such diverse perspectives to this discussion on social media marketing and social reputation management - from pharmaceuticals, to non-profit, branding, associations, finance, medical and a few more in-between.
Here are the slides from my presentation Managing Your Reputation in a Social World! If you're interested in some of the articles I refer to, you'll find the links in this post titled Highlights from the MarketingProfs online seminar about Managing Your Social Reputation.
Managing Your Reputation in a Social World - American Marketing Association - New Jersey Chapter
|CB Whittemore with NJ AMA President Elect Andre Paquin|
- Age of Conversation 3: It's Time to Get Busy! (The Age of Conversation). For more perspective on this global project to which I contributed a chapter to each volume, read Blog Action Day: Water and AOC3, AOC2: Don't Be Myopic About Social Media! and The Age of Conversation: The Conversation Age Enabled.
- The Cluetrain Manifesto: 10th Anniversary Edition
- From David Meerman Scott: The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyer
- From Paco Underhill: Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping--Updated and Revised for the Internet, the Global Consumer, and Beyond and What Women Want: The Global Market Turns Female Friendly
- From John Jantsch: Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
|CB Whittemore with NJ AMA President Sandra Ghezzi|
From Ann Handley and C.C. Chapman: Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business (New Rules Social Media Series)
From David Rogers: The Network Is Your Customer: Five Strategies to Thrive in a Digital Age
Thank you, Sandra Ghezzi and Andre Paquin, for inviting me to speak.
Thank you to all the New Jersey chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA) members and guests who attended the 5/10/11 presentation for your warm welcome and wonderful questions. I really enjoyed myself!
If you have questions relating to Managing Your Reputation in a Social World, please don't hesitate to ask.
If you enjoyed this post, consider subscribing to Simple Marketing Blog via email updates or RSS.